Abby the Babyblogger

Thoughts of a very young Washington, D.C. observer.

Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm an expert on playgrounds. Swings, slides, you name it, I've done them. So I'm glad that New York, as the Times reports, is building a fancy new one with sandboxes featuring ropes and pulleys, wheelbarrows, milk crates and other strange stuff. I like to indulge my inner child, which in my case is the same as my outer child. But get a load of this: the kids will be guided by a staff of "play workers." I mean, really! I don't need some grownup telling me how to run around or build a sand castle. And we don't need to be putting these people on the government payroll, where my taxes--well, once I get a job--will pay their salary. This belongs in the Hall of Fame for dumb ideas.
I had my pink outfit on this morning--pink leotard, pink tights, pink shoes--and was all ready to go to dance class when my mom got worried that I might spill my yogurt on my clothes. How humiliating! I mean, I'm 2 already! But it gave me the idea for a title when I publish my collection of blog posts as a best-selling book: "Ballerina in a Bib." Watch for it on Amazon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home