Abby the Babyblogger

Thoughts of a very young Washington, D.C. observer.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I've learned to appreciate the spirit of Hanukkah. And also the meaning of Christmas. (Well, to a point. I saw Santa at the mall and that guy with the long beard was scary! No way I was sitting on his lap.)
But after studying the menorah, the dreidels, the latkes, the Christmas trees and the fancy lights on the houses, I have discovered one very important lesson: You get lots of cool presents! Boy, am I raking it in. I've got a new oven with lots of food to go with it. My very own doctor's kit (I've learned to pronounce stethoscope). A bunch of new books about Danny and the Dinosaur and Harold and the Purple Crayon and Postman Pig. I've got new blocks for building tall things and--this is the best part--knocking them down. And new CDs. And a school bus that plays songs. And a Baby Elmo, with his own diaper. One of the best parts about being 2 is that people don't give you boring clothing that you have to pretend to like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home