Abby the Babyblogger

Thoughts of a very young Washington, D.C. observer.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Blogging has been light. The reason is Elmo. I've got a new Elmo tape and I now spend six or seven hours a day watching it, or demanding to watch it. Finally, I get some control of the programming around here. Instead of having to watch some stupid football game, or dumb newscast, or today's hearings on Sam Alito -- more boring than being stuck in a sandbox with no pail and shovel -- I insist on watching the red one. I have found that simply repeating his name over and over is a very effective lobbying device. And Elmo is plenty smart. He can even count to 10!
Update: I just learned to turn on the TV by myself. There was a guy named Montel Williams interviewing a stripper. Whoa! I'm not sure what a stripper is, but maybe there's more to life than Elmo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home