Abby the Babyblogger

Thoughts of a very young Washington, D.C. observer.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I started first grade today.
I know, I just started kindergarten a few weeks ago. But I'm done with that. I'm outta there.
The school decided that I was too advanced to be in kindergarten. I mean, I'm already reading and they're just learning the alphabet. Maybe the teachers read my blog and knew about all this smart stuff.
Or maybe it was that letter I wrote the school counselor:
"Dear Mr. Seward. I’ve been feeling a little green today – a little funny inside as I met you. I like you no doubt, but getting to know you was a little…well, you know um…you know…funny for me. I’d say I’m half green and half blue. I knew I wasn’t shy, but I couldn’t be sure what kind of feeling I was. I look forward to speaking with you."
Anyway, I may only be 5 and three-quarters, but I am a first grader. And I like my teacher and my new class and best of all they give you stickers if you are good. I also like being with other kids who can read. I even got math homework.
I wonder how long it will take me to get to second grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home